EMPLOYEE RELATIONS SECTION
The role of the Employee Relations Section is to provide an employee relations program that effectively addresses and resolves employee grievances and management concerns through the interpretation and application of the Navajo Nation Personnel Policies Manual (NNPPM), procedures, and Navajo Preference in Employment Act (NPEA).
- addresses employee and supervisor concerns
- provides guidance concerning disciplinary actions (discharge, suspension, etc.)
- reviews and ensures compliance in the Employee Grievance Process
- receives Sexual Harassment allegations and complaints
- reviews requests and verifies compliance regarding:
- Family and Medical Leave (FML)
- Flex Work Schedule
- provides employee and supervisory training
For COVID-19 Leave requests and information, please refer to the Classifications Section here.
Employee Grievance Process
An employee who feels aggrieved as a result of an application of disciplinary action such as discharge, suspension, loss of pay or benefits, or an employee or an applicant for an employment position alleges a violation of the Navajo Preference in Employment Act has a right to utilize the grievance process.
For more information regarding Employee Grievance please refer to the policies listed to the right.
Phone: (928) 871-6156
||HR Employee Relations Specialist
||Senior HR Technician