CLASSIFICATION & PAY SECTION
The role of the Classification & Pay Section is to provide efficient services in establishing and maintaining a viable classification plan and administering an equittable compensation/pay program. This section conducts salary surveys, job evaluations and assigns pay grades with recommendations of general wage adjustments (GWA). Additionally the Classification & Pay Section administers the performance managment program by reviewing and maintaining employee appraisals.
- analyzing and classifying new positions
- reclassifying existing positions
- developing new and revising existing class specifications
- performing desk audits
- preparing GWA and Step Increase cost projections
- ensuring all employees receive an annual performance appraisal
- reviewing and preparing requests for the Step Increase/Bonus Review Committee
- providing training and orientations to Navajo Nation departments and programs
Note, this section develops, amends, implements, and interprets policies and procedures within the Navajo Nation Personnel Policies Manual (NNPPM).
To access the Classification Plan click here.
Phone: (928) 871-7419
||HR Classification & Pay Manager
||Senior HR Analyst
||Associate HR Analyst